Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"The Carousel Painter" by Judith Miller


"The Carousel Painter" is a great book from author, Judith Miller. I'd like to thank Jim Hart at Bethany House Publishers for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for my review.

From the Bethany House website:

"When Carrington Brouwer receives the enviable job of painting carousel horses for a factory in Ohio, she believes her future is secure. But after an expensive necklace disappears from the home where she's been staying, she's caught up in a search for the truth that puts her entire livelihood--and her developing relationship with the factory manager--at risk. Can she lead police to the real culprit before she loses everything? "

My Opinion:

I really enjoyed this book, maybe it was the fact that it was set in Ohio or the fact that it's a historical fiction. The amount of historical attributes really had me drawn in from the first paragraph. I was also drawn to the characters which were well developed and I could feel myself actually feeling like they were my friends and I was able to feel the emotions that the book evoked. The emotions ranged from sadness as Carrie has to deal with a new home after loosing her father, anger at man who wants to court her friend, and happiness when Carrie finds loves.


At the very, very end of the book there are a couple times where two of the main characters do kiss but since they are planning their marriage it didn't fluster me too much, even if I would have preferred they waited until they were married. Also the man who turns out to be a "cad" makes a couple of advances towards Carrington but she quickly puts an end to it and the man is found out in the end. If you're looking for a light read that will sweep you away into another time then this is the book for you!

No comments: