Monday, March 02, 2009

Next Generation: New Testament

I recieved Word of Promise Next Generation New Testament (http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?dept_id=230170&sku=1400313309) from Thomas Nelson, on 3 MP3 CDs. There is over 23 hours of dramatic audios of the Bible. There is an all star cast reading this, such as Annasohphia Robb, Corbin Bleu, Emily Osment and others.

I wasn't sure how I would like this since I am not big on today's Hollywood actresses or actors even the ones that claim Christianity, but I thought it would be neat for the children. I was very impressed and am praying that by doing this that there hearts are more open to the Lord, if they weren't before.

My children were very intuned to this as we listened to it while we cleaned and I sewed. The dramatic pace of the CDs made it enjoyable and the children were able to understand the stories as they were portrayed. I didn't get the sense that any Biblical truths were compromised in the dramatic reading of Scriptures either. The version used is called the ICB New Testament. I have no knowledge of this version of the Bible, but like I said I didn't hear anything that I would say misconstrued the Word of God and it was written.

There are sound effects which aren't overpowering and do not take over the performance being read. You can definitely hear and understand what is being read. That is a good thing when you have children who if not kept occupied will loose interest very quickly.

There is a 40 day listening plan, which would come in handy if you are not doing a review and I will likely use this during our school time according to the 40 day plan. The soundtrack is done by an award winning composer and there over 100 actors.

I would definitely recommend this set of CDs to accompany your Bible studies or even for a child or teen who would like to understand more Biblical truths.

No comments: